"Wholesale banking and financial markets have a pivotal role in the New Zealand economy."
The New Zealand Financial Markets Association (NZFMA) was formed in 2007 as the industry association for institutional participants in New Zealand’s wholesale financial markets.
NZFMA is a not-for-profit incorporated society that operates in accordance with its Rules.
NZFMA represents the common interests of its members as institutional participants in New Zealand’s wholesale financial markets by:
- advocating on matters of common interest to Members which are relevant to the good reputation and efficient operation of New Zealand’s wholesale financial markets and their regulation by government and regulatory authorities,
- promoting and assisting the maintenance, reform and development in New Zealand of competitive and resilient wholesale financial markets that operate in a fair and efficient manner,
- promoting and assisting professionalism in the conduct of business in New Zealand’s wholesale financial markets, including though facilitating the development and maintenance of common conventions and guidance that support efficient and ethical practices by Members; and maintaining a repository of standard market documentation,
- promoting high professional standards in New Zealand’s wholesale financial markets by co-ordinating the delivery of fit-for-purpose education programmes to any appropriate individuals, and awarding accreditation by the Association to employees of Member organisations who reach a required level of professional skill and knowledge,
- promoting New Zealand’s wholesale financial markets as essential elements of the New Zealand financial system, capital markets and economy, and
- facilitating the provision of financial benchmarks that support the operation of New Zealand’s wholesale financial markets.