Structure & Objectives
The New Zealand Financial Markets Association is a not-for-profit incorporated society that operates in accordance with its Rules. NZFMA's policy and direction is spearheaded by a Board of Directors with assistance from relevant policy committees and working groups made up of Board appointed member representatives.
The NZFMA Board is responsible for:
- Industry leadership including new market development and dealing with changing markets
- Strategic policy issues
- Promoting the reputation of wholesale banking and financial markets
- Defining market conventions
- Providing relevant industry education and member accreditation
- Developing new market reference rates beneficial to the New Zealand markets
- Promoting corporate responsibility by developing and supporting charitable events
To achieve these objectives, the Board regularly engages with government agencies and regulatory authorities to ensure that future policy direction positions New Zealand as a mature, efficient and trustworthy global market participant.